|Full Name:||Dinne Bosman|
|Country, City:||The Netherlands, Grijpskerk|
|Member since:||May 28, 2006|
|Last seen||February 21, 2008|
I own a company called "Blue Melon". We are focussing a.o. on electronics/software design for multi media art. We have developed a system for interfacing sensors (infrared, touch,..) and actuators (motors, servos...) from popular software packages like Max/MSP, Pure Data and Processing. BlueSense has been especially designed with the needs of multimedia artists in mind. Our system has a few big advantages over competing systems:
- First BlueSense is truly modular. With other systems when you run out of inputs you`re stuck. With BlueSense you can always add new modules.
- Our boards have been programmed with intelligence. Seamlessly you can use counters, rotary encoders, adjust sampling resolution, etc. All the tiresome work has been done for you!
- A minimum number of electronic components is needed. For example you can add relays directly without the use of any transistors!
- Are your modules placed on spots which are difficult to reach? You can use the BlueSense wireless boards. Multiple wireless boards can be used
- High data speeds over a cabled network. Most inputs and outputs can be updated over 1000 times a second.
- Software support for a large number of software packages like Max/Msp(tm), Pure Data, Flash MX, Processing, C, Java and others. BlueSense is supported on MaxOS X, Windows and Linux. The developer library is freeware.
Please have a look on our website: http://www.bluemelon.org/index.php/Products/BlueSense
We are also organizing workshops: http://www.bluemelon.org/index.php/Products/Workshops
Don`t hesitate to contact us for custom projects as well. We`re very keen on working together with artists!